Pokemon Universal Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

The Suggestions Announcement

Go down 
+3
lawmaster
ThatGuyWithTheGun
Sarcastic Oshawott
7 posters
AuthorMessage
Sarcastic Oshawott
Founder
Founder
Sarcastic Oshawott

The Suggestions Announcement Empty
PostSubject: The Suggestions Announcement   The Suggestions Announcement EmptyTue Aug 02, 2011 10:12 pm

Members, I thank you for joining and starting this forum off on the right foot. I go to sleep, and overnight, more than 10 people join. This announcement will be visible in every existing forum, and its purpose is for you to tell me and the staff what you think should be added to the forums. (Other forums, etc.) The staff are to leave this alone, please. It will be closed upon my actions. Thanks guys. AND REMEMBER- IF YOU MISBEHAVE, I WILL SEND THOSE OSHAWOTTS AFTER YOU, AND YOU WILL HATE THAT.
Back to top Go down
https://pkmnuniverseforums.forumotion.com
Sarcastic Oshawott
Founder
Founder
Sarcastic Oshawott

PostSubject: Re: The Suggestions Announcement   The Suggestions Announcement EmptyTue Aug 02, 2011 10:20 pm

I have added "Quick Replies"!!!! YAYYYYYY!!!!!!!
Back to top Go down
ThatGuyWithTheGun

ThatGuyWithTheGun

PostSubject: Re: The Suggestions Announcement   The Suggestions Announcement EmptyTue Aug 02, 2011 10:20 pm

What about Anime discussion?
Back to top Go down
Sarcastic Oshawott
Founder
Founder
Sarcastic Oshawott

PostSubject: Re: The Suggestions Announcement   The Suggestions Announcement EmptyTue Aug 02, 2011 10:24 pm

ThatGuyWithTheGun wrote:
What about Anime discussion?

Added now.
Back to top Go down
lawmaster

lawmaster

PostSubject: Re: The Suggestions Announcement   The Suggestions Announcement EmptyTue Aug 02, 2011 10:27 pm

well this answers the pm I sent lol. But for suggestions rpg section is something I would enjoy.
Back to top Go down
Speechless
Retired Staff
Speechless

PostSubject: Re: The Suggestions Announcement   The Suggestions Announcement EmptyWed Aug 03, 2011 5:22 am

I'm just going to re-post what I posted in my thread which was ignored.

Quote :
So I made a Suggestions thread roughly 24 hours ago, but it was closed because it wasn't in the proper section. I would love to comment on the irony of this (firstly, you guys all complain about the control freaks on SPPf yet you are no different, and secondly there is no place to post something like this, which if you actually read my post, I hinted at.)

~A design which doesn't destroy my eyes would be great, thanks. Seriously, the colour scheme is disgustingly atrocious. Dark blue on black is a horrendous choice of colours, in all honesty, and the colour scheme on a whole is just drab, unoriginal, uncreative, et cetera.
EDIT: Your design is better now, but it's still quite choppy, unoriginal, drab and icky, in all honesty. At least my eyes aren't bleeding.

~You'll need to have plans. Plans on how to attract new members, on how to make effective decisions, on the goals of this forum and how you want to achieve them. It should be the goal of every forum to attract more members. If your goal isn't to attract new members, well, just ignore everything I say and you'll do perfectly fine, trust me.

~Proofread what you write. Use proper grammar and spelling. It's irritating when people can't spell the simplest of words correctly, or use horrendous grammar, and it is even more worrying when someone who is, for example, a moderator, does these things. It gives the impression that you are immature and childish, really. I know the majority of you guys are like eleven or something, so I'm probably asking too much of you, but it can't be that hard to learn to use spellcheck or to actually try and improve your grammar.
EDIT: For example, the rules are riddled with spelling and grammatical errors.

~Make more sections. Make everything more organised, because that will show that you guys are actually serious about looking after this forum, and it will make the forum as a whole look, well, better. At the moment there are just a few random sections and it all looks quite empty and icky. If I were a new member who came here, I would be lost, unsure of what to do, worried at the lack of sections in which I can post in, and then leave straight away, and never come back.

You may be thinking, "Oh just shut up already, don't tell us how to run the forums." In fact, knowing that many of you are quite arrogant and immature, that would be exactly what you are thinking. The thing is, I don't want this forum to fail, yet, at least, because then you'll lose hope and realise that you are failures. It would be great if you could create a nice environment which is inviting not only in terms of design, but in terms of content, because at the moment it is just awful in both aspects. Plus, another reason why I suggest you take my advice is the fact that I'm experienced. I'm quite a bit older than the majority of you, I would assume, judging by your behaviour and posting styles and whatnot; with age comes experience. I'm experienced with forums, with design, et cetera.

Now, I know that if I continue to post reasons in which you guys could improve, I would not only be here until Christmas but I know that you guys will just not read it at all and delete this thread and pretend I don't exist. So all I ask is that, for once in your life, use your brain and take my advice on board, or at least respond to my suggestions instead of just ignoring them and thinking your forum is magnificent, because it's not.

Also, one more thing, I suggest that before you go around advertising your forum, you make it look appealing because at the moment it really isn't appealing whatsoever. Make some more sections with proper rules; actually dedicate some time into this instead of just rushing through everything and making a forum just for the sake of making a forum. Then go advertise.

Sorry if I've come off as mean. And I know that for opening challenging you guys and for intruding and for trying to actually help you, you will probably give me an infraction or a warning or ban me or something for not being nice. [Speaking of that, your rules are quite general and, well, awful.]

Finally, as a final note, I'd just like to point out that in terms of gathering members, I'm a highly influential person on SPPf and other places as well, with a wide calibre of contacts.

~Speechless

Yeah, I'm lazy so instead of retyping everything I just quoted what I said previously.

Also, at the moment your forum is pretty much exactly the same as SPPf, minus 100,000 members or so. I mean, in terms of content, it's virtually the same, and hence people have no incentive to come here when they can just go to SPPf. You need a niche to attract and retain the market.
Back to top Go down
Hammerhead

Hammerhead

PostSubject: Re: The Suggestions Announcement   The Suggestions Announcement EmptyWed Aug 03, 2011 10:20 pm

^ That dude knows what he's talking about. We also need a banner. People will think the forum is named "Forumotion.com". And as a grammar nazi, It'd be nice if the rules had proper grammar.
Back to top Go down
Paradox

Paradox

PostSubject: Re: The Suggestions Announcement   The Suggestions Announcement EmptyThu Aug 04, 2011 7:38 pm

Also add a shortened url so people can actually remember how to get here.

I recommend using butter.org as a domain name. I don't know if it's taken, though...ya'll.
Back to top Go down
Sarcastic Oshawott
Founder
Founder
Sarcastic Oshawott

PostSubject: Re: The Suggestions Announcement   The Suggestions Announcement EmptyThu Aug 04, 2011 7:47 pm

Paula Deen wrote:
Also add a shortened url so people can actually remember how to get here.

I recommend using butter.org as a domain name. I don't know if it's taken, though...ya'll.

I'm afraid I am not allowed to change my domain name.
Back to top Go down
Paradox

Paradox

PostSubject: Re: The Suggestions Announcement   The Suggestions Announcement EmptyThu Aug 04, 2011 7:48 pm

That's a shame. You can't even shorten it?
Back to top Go down
Sarcastic Oshawott
Founder
Founder
Sarcastic Oshawott

PostSubject: Re: The Suggestions Announcement   The Suggestions Announcement EmptyThu Aug 04, 2011 7:49 pm

Nope.
Back to top Go down
Paradox

Paradox

PostSubject: Re: The Suggestions Announcement   The Suggestions Announcement EmptyThu Aug 04, 2011 7:51 pm

Oh well. I guess I'll have to live like a neanderthal and bookmark it.
Back to top Go down
Sarcastic Oshawott
Founder
Founder
Sarcastic Oshawott

PostSubject: Re: The Suggestions Announcement   The Suggestions Announcement EmptyThu Aug 04, 2011 7:55 pm

Lol. New awards post is up.
Back to top Go down
Speechless
Retired Staff
Speechless

PostSubject: Re: The Suggestions Announcement   The Suggestions Announcement EmptyFri Aug 05, 2011 4:40 am

Also, another section that I personally think should be added is IGRMT/CRMT. Sure, there may be the problem of a shortage of raters - as far as I know, I'm the only person here who frequents IGRMT on other forums - but oh well. :]
Back to top Go down
Trek

Trek

PostSubject: Re: The Suggestions Announcement   The Suggestions Announcement EmptySun Aug 07, 2011 10:38 pm

Maybe a 4G area should be added there are still a lot of people who haven't bought a 5G game yet.

And maybe some different themes
Back to top Go down
Sarcastic Oshawott
Founder
Founder
Sarcastic Oshawott

PostSubject: Re: The Suggestions Announcement   The Suggestions Announcement EmptySun Aug 07, 2011 10:55 pm

I intend on getting 4th Gen up by the end of the week.
RMT should be up tomorrow.
Back to top Go down
Trek

Trek

PostSubject: Re: The Suggestions Announcement   The Suggestions Announcement EmptyThu Aug 11, 2011 6:44 pm

Maybe there should be a support area
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Suggestions Announcement   The Suggestions Announcement Empty

Back to top Go down

The Suggestions Announcement
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Pokemon Universal Forums :: Member Fun :: Games-
Jump to: